2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 we have closed our Mount Vernon, WA office at 301 Valley Mall Way, Ste. 110. Business operations will continue as usual Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM Pacific.
Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a virus strain spreading from person to person. People who have been diagnosed with novel coronavirus have reported symptoms that may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure to the virus. Symptoms include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
The Washington State Department of Health has information about COVID-19 on its website, including resources and recommendations for schools, health care providers, and employers.
State, Federal, and North Sound county resources:
COVID-19 Emotional Support Line: 1-866-342-6892; available 24/7 for free to everyone
SAMHSA's Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990; toll-free, 24/7
- HCA Medicaid Clinical Policies and Billing for COVID-19
- HCA Medicaid Behavioral Health Policies and Billing for COVID-19
- HCA Information about COVID-19 – COVID-19 updates and information
- HCA submitted a 1135 emergency waiver to CMS on March 15, 2020 to remove additional barriers to care
- HCA Guidance for Office Based Opioid Treatment (OBOT) DATA 2000 waiver prescribers
- HCA Guidance for Opioid Treatment Programs (OTP)
- WA DOH COVID-19 Provider Resources and Recommendations
- CMS COVID-19 Partner Toolkit released March 19, 2020
- CMS COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Fact Sheet for Providers
- CMS Provider Telemedicine Toolkit (General) released March 20, 2020
- CMS Provider Telemedicine Toolkit (ESRD) released March 20, 2020
- HHS Notice of HIPAA Enforcement Discretion released March 17, 2020
- Northwest Regional Telehealth Resource Center
- Relias COVID-19 Online Training and Resources (Free)
- PROCLAMATION BY THE GOVERNOR AMENDING PROCLAMATION 20-05
- DEA Qualifying Practitioners
MCO COVID-19 Resource Pages