Behavioral Health Services - Utilization Management
North Sound BH-ASO maintains a behavioral health provider network in the North Sound Regional Service Area (RSA) for Crisis and non-Crisis behavioral services.
North Sound BH-ASO contracts and provides funding for the following services for individuals in North Sound RSA:
- Behavioral Health crisis services and involuntary treatment evaluations
- Involuntary detentions to psychiatric and secure withdrawal management facilities for non-Medicaid individuals;
- Treatment and monitoring of non-Medicaid individuals who have active Less Restrictive Alternative (LRA) court orders to include Assisted Outpatient Treatment and Conditional Release orders; and
- Non-crisis behavioral health services for non-Medicaid individuals who are at or below the 220% Federal Poverty Level utilizing General Fund State (GFS) or Federal Block Grants (FBG) within available resources.
Individuals not eligible for Apple Health Medicaid, may qualify for General Funds – State (GFS) or Federal Block Grant funding. North Sound BH-ASO’s Contracted providers will assess ASO funding eligibility for Mental Health or Substance Abuse Disorder outpatient and residential treatment services.
Authorization for Services – Utilization Management
- Crisis Services, to include Involuntary Treatment evaluations by a Designated Crisis Responder (DCR), does not require services authorization – every individual within the North Sound RSA can access crisis services.
- Non-Crisis Behavioral health services require authorization from North Sound BH-ASO. Provider questions can be direct to Customer Services (360) 416-7013.
- Involuntary Treatment Act (ITA) Certifications – Providers are required to request certification for payment for ITA services for ASO eligible individuals by contacting (360) 419-6562.
Care Coordination and Care Management
- North Sound BH-ASO Clinical Department can support Continuity of Care for one’s active course of treatment for an acute or chronic behavioral health condition, including preserving Individual-Provider relationships through transitions.
Utilization Management Forms
- Authorization for voluntary psychiatric Inpatient services for non-Medicaid individuals that meet eligibility criteria for General State funding, requires prior authorization or approval.
Policies and Procedures
North Sound BH-ASO’s Utilization Management Policies and Procedures can be accessed by visiting our For Providers Page – Policies & Procedures, Section 1500.